PTI social media activist arrested in Quetta, Imran says govt abusing Cyber Crime Law
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan accused the federal government of abusing the Cyber Crime Law to victimize his party’s social media activists.
In a message on micro-blogging website Twitter, Khan said that the Cyber Crime Law was being used to threaten and arrest his party’s social media activists.
Govt abusing Cyber Crime Law to politically victimise PTI social media activists by threatening/arresting them. Unacceptable in a democracy— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) May 17, 2017
He condemned the government’s action as unacceptable in a democracy.
“Was with Salar Khan in FIA office and witnessed all the procedure of him being taken in custody. He’s being taken to Islamabad. Proud of our boy!,” Qasim Khan Suri, a former PTI President in Balochistan, tweeted.
“You cannot suppress our voices. We will not be silenced. We love our country too much to b silenced,” he added.
- Student kidnapped by ex-fiancé in Lahore found in Arifwala10:51 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Pakistani professor makes it to list of top 100 scientists in medicine10:11 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Shehbaz warns Imran against 'instigating civil war'09:01 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Is Aamir Liaquat getting ready for fourth marriage? Here’s all you ...07:49 PM | 22 May, 2022
- FAKE NEWS: Fact-check shows no Riphah University student raped, ...07:21 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Mira Sethi’s smoking photo goes viral02:35 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Saba Qamar’s new dance video in saree goes viral01:33 PM | 22 May, 2022
- Anmol Baloch’s new bold photo draws severe criticism11:25 AM | 22 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022