PTI social media activist arrested in Quetta, Imran says govt abusing Cyber Crime Law
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan accused the federal government of abusing the Cyber Crime Law to victimize his party’s social media activists.
In a message on micro-blogging website Twitter, Khan said that the Cyber Crime Law was being used to threaten and arrest his party’s social media activists.
Govt abusing Cyber Crime Law to politically victimise PTI social media activists by threatening/arresting them. Unacceptable in a democracy— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) May 17, 2017
He condemned the government’s action as unacceptable in a democracy.
“Was with Salar Khan in FIA office and witnessed all the procedure of him being taken in custody. He’s being taken to Islamabad. Proud of our boy!,” Qasim Khan Suri, a former PTI President in Balochistan, tweeted.
“You cannot suppress our voices. We will not be silenced. We love our country too much to b silenced,” he added.
- 'I don't want an army chief of my choice; just want appointment on ...07:25 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: England opt to bowl first against Pakistan in fourth T20I07:00 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Hania Aamir and Farhan Saeed set the dance floor on fire at HUM Award ...05:17 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities pay tribute to tennis star Roger Federer on his ...03:42 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Saboor Aly’s new bold pictures set internet on fire01:44 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- IN PICS: Pakistani stars bring their style game at Hum Awards 202211:05 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022