Maryam Nawaz 'to meet' Bilawal Bhutto on grand Iftar dinner for Opposition
According to reports in local media, the PPP chairman telephoned ousted prime minister Nawaz Sharif’s daughter Maryam Nawaz, Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami party chief Mahmood Khan Achakzai, Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam chief Fazlur Rehman, Jamaat-e-Islami chief Sirajul Haq, Awami National Party chief Asfandyar Wali Khan and other opposition leaders and invited them to the Iftar dinner.
Maryam Nawaz has reportedly accepted Bilawal’s invitation and will attend the event along with senior leaders of her party.
The final decision upon PML-N’s attendance will be taken by the party’s central leadership.
The invitation for dinner comes days the PPP and PML-N supremos, Asif Zardari and Nawaz Sharif, respectively, announced to launch anti-government movements after Eidul Fitr against rising inflation and the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) government’s “flawed economic policies”.
- Pakistan's best shortest format players assemble for National T20; ...07:58 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Top PR, event management agencies announce Pakistan’s first council ...07:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mirza Ishtiaq Baig included in PML-N’s economic advisory council06:12 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- Mathira claps back at trolls with an explosive statement: ‘Don’t ...04:57 PM | 20 Sep, 2021
- TikTok star Jannat Mirza's new video goes viral04:35 PM | 20 Sep, 2021