25 students injured after Lahore school trip bus overturns near Sheikhupura
At least 25 students were also injured during the incident. The injured were shifted to the hospitals in Shahdara and DHQ Sheikupura.
The bus was going to Khewra salt range on a picnic trip when it met the accident. The reason for the road mishap is yet to be ascertained.
Last year in November, at least 31 schoolchildren and three teachers sustained injuries when a dumper truck hit a coaster hired by a school for a picnic party on Northern Bypass.
The driver of the dumper truck, Amir Baz, had been arrested and the vehicle impounded, the Gulshan-i-Maymar police station acting SHO, Akbar Ali, said.
The SHO said the management of a private school in Surjani Town had hired three coasters for a picnic party. They were on their way to a water park in Gadap.
When they reached at Abbas Cut on the Northern Bypass, a dumper truck hit one of the coasters in which around 40 students and teachers were travelling.
It was a head-on collision between the truck and the bus, said the officer.
- Historic as 4-year-old Pakistani girl becomes youngest Microsoft ...06:26 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- IHC rejects plea seeking cancellation of O/A level exams06:08 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Zimbabwe beat Pakistan by 19 runs in second T20I05:19 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Queen Elizabeth II shares a thankful note on 95th birthday03:38 PM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Actress Sumbul Shahid in critical condition after contracting Covid-1910:01 AM | 23 Apr, 2021
- Celebrity babies born in 202105:19 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021