Pakistani-Australian engineer bags Commonwealth Young Person of the Year award
Usman Iftikhar, who helps refugees in starting their own business in Australia has been awarded Commonwealth’s highest honor for young achievers, eighteen months after he launched the programme.
The ambitious engineer, who moved to Australia in 2013, represented Australia at the forum and presented the concept of helping migrants and refugees to find job opportunities based on his own struggle.
Iftikhar was born in Pakistan and completed his Bachelor's degree from GIK Institute of Engineering Sciences & Technology. Later on, he moved to Australia for his Masters Degree in engineering management.
- Pakistan reduces import of Ozone depleting substances to 50pc11:52 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Opposition announces Pakistan Democratic Movement against ...11:34 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Khobragade's posting at Indian HC incommensurate with Pakistan's ...11:21 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020