PM office notifies cabinet reshuffle; Fawad Ch, Ghulam Sarwar allocated new portfolios
A notification issued by the PM office said Fawad Chaudhry has been allocated the portfolio of minister for science and technology while Ghulam Sarwar Khan would serve as the minister for aviation.
Moreover, Ijaz Ahmed Shah has been notified as Minister for Interior; the portfolio was earlier retained by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
Shehryar Afridi has been appointed as minister for States and Frontier Regions (SAFRON).
Mohammad Mian Soomro has been appointed as Federal Minister for Privatisation while Firdous Ashiq Awan has been roped in as Special Assistance to PM on information.
Azam Swati has also been appointed as Federal Minister for Parliamentary Affairs.
The notification came hours after Asad Umar stepped down as Finance Minister, refusing to be allocated the portfolio of energy but posing trust in Imran Khan for his Naya Pakistan; Abdul Hafeez Sheikh has now been appointed as the adviser on finance.
Asad Umar steps down as Finance Minister in ... 02:37 PM | 18 Apr, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Finance Minister Asad Umar has decided to step down amid reports of federal cabinet reshuffle and an ...
“As part of a cabinet reshuffle PM [Imran] desired that I take the energy minister portfolio instead of finance. However, I have obtained his consent to not take any cabinet position. I strongly believe @ImranKhanPTI is the best hope for Pakistan and inshallah will make a naya Pakistan,” Asad Umar had said in a tweet.
- I take a break whenever the noise in my head reaches its peak: Zaira ...11:27 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan summons senior Indian envoy over expulsion of 2 officials on ...11:21 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Students of grade 1-12 will be promoted without taking exams: Sindh ...10:52 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan surpasses 72,460 cases of coronavirus – 1,5 43 confirmed ...10:10 AM | 1 Jun, 2020
- Pakistan has cheapest fuel cost in South Asia, says PM Iman11:56 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Shahroz Sabzwari, Sadaf Kanwal tie the knot amid COVID-1908:09 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Raising a daughter is a huge responsibility: Humaima Malick05:08 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020