Local court refuses to deport blacklisted US citizen
The court has ordered the police to produce the relevant record along with original copy of notification today.
Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) Investigation Officer Inspector Rana Akram on Wednesday appeared before the court regarding deportation of US citizen and sought permission to deport Matthew Barrett while quoting the notification of Interior Ministry.
On this, the court has sought the original copy of notification as the I.O informed the court that although Interior Ministry has issued a notification but it did not provide the original copy of the notification.
"What kind of IO you are that you appear before the court without record and how the court can release order on mere verbal references," the court questioned.
It is worthwhile to mention here that Matthew Barrett was deported from Pakistan in 2011 on his alleged involvement in anti-Pakistan activities and connection with Black water.
Later, the accused was arrested by law enforcement agencies after conducting a raid at a local hotel of Islamabad and was handed over to FIA for further investigation.
A case had been registered against Matthew under 14 Foreign Act and the local court had sent him to jail on judicial remand.
- Pakistan reports another polio case, taking year's tally to 2011:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Twitter withholds Govt of Pakistan’s official account in India11:22 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Japan’s wrestling legend turned politician Antonio Inoki passes ...10:48 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Celebs lambast PIA over cabin crew's attire10:15 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Govt seeks action against Imran Khan, other PTI leaders as cypher ...09:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan and Hamza Ali Abbasi exchange banter on live show11:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022