Wives of police officers found involved in kidnapping newborns in KPK, replacing them with dead babies
She was among the nine members of the gang who had been arrested in the same case last week.
According to a police official involved in the investigation process, the wife of another serving police inspector has also been named as an accomplice but she has not been arrested so far.
The official said retired DSP tried his best to free his wife and approached senior police officials after she was jailed. However, nothing worked for him since police authorities had decided to arrest every individual regardless of his or her affiliation and position.
“The husband of Anwar Pari was a retired DPS but what is more worrisome is the fact that the wife of a serving SHO is also involved in child abduction,” he said, adding, this means police officials were engaged in the entire process in one way or the other.
Speaking to reporters, Cantt SP Kashif Zulfiqar confirmed that the wife of a retired DSP was involved in child kidnapping cases.
“He is a retired police officer and he tried his best to contact us and other officials to turn the outcome in his favour, however, his wife was nevertheless shifted behind bars.” Zulfiqar added he had no information about the involvement of the wife of a serving inspector.
“We are investigating the matter and all those found involved in the crime or appear to have any contact with the child kidnapping gang will be arrested,” he said.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan beat England in yet another nail-biting thriller11:16 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer makes history in Thailand10:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- NSC okays constitution of high-level committee to probe PM Office ...10:10 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Forced retirement of 85 Rescue employees challenged in LHC09:45 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Srha Asghar and husband announce pregnancy08:21 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland to hit cinemas on November 1807:58 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022