Shehbaz Sharif indicted in Ashiyana Iqbal Housing case
During the hearing, Opposition Leader in National Assembly Shehbaz requested the court not to indict him just yet as he had health-related issues to resolve. However, Judge Syed Najamul Hassan framed the charges against him.
The court has asked for records in the case as well. It was presented with a list of 86 witnesses, who have been summoned on the next hearing.
Former CM argued that cancelling the contract for the Ashiyana Iqbal Housing scheme was his duty after the bank guarantee of Latif and Sons turned out to be fake.
However, the judge asked him to present these arguments in his defence later.
Shehbaz swore in court that the charges against him were lies and will be contesting the charges.
- Pakistani origin young innovator named in Forbes' 30 Under 30 list11:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Teenage boy 'gang-raped', filmed by six in Punjab’s Pakpattan11:14 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Over 100 clerics of banned TLP placed on fourth schedule10:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-20-Updated ...09:56 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Govt to table resolution on French envoy’s expulsion in NA today: ...09:39 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Amir Liaquat's Nagin dance video goes viral06:19 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021