Shehbaz Sharif indicted in Ashiyana Iqbal Housing case
During the hearing, Opposition Leader in National Assembly Shehbaz requested the court not to indict him just yet as he had health-related issues to resolve. However, Judge Syed Najamul Hassan framed the charges against him.
The court has asked for records in the case as well. It was presented with a list of 86 witnesses, who have been summoned on the next hearing.
Former CM argued that cancelling the contract for the Ashiyana Iqbal Housing scheme was his duty after the bank guarantee of Latif and Sons turned out to be fake.
However, the judge asked him to present these arguments in his defence later.
Shehbaz swore in court that the charges against him were lies and will be contesting the charges.
- ILT20: 24 UAE players announced for the inaugural edition01:42 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan Women's football team camp begins in Lahore01:20 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Abid Riaz off to Dubai to attend AIBA meeting12:55 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- MP Black, Remington qualify for Corps Commander Polo Cup main final12:31 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Waqar, Nasir Iqbal breeze into Combaxx 1st CNS All Pakistan Squash ...12:11 AM | 10 Dec, 2022
- Dananeer and Khushhal gear up for a new TV project09:41 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Another Indian actress quits showbiz to embrace Islamic lifestyle11:12 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Ranbir Kapoor hopes to work with Pakistani artists in future11:30 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022