'Bhatta' in reverse: Lawmakers receive mysterious 'parchis' of Rs 100 million
On Wednesday, Leader of the Opposition in National Assembly (NA), Khurshid Shah found a Term Deposit Receipt (TDR) of Rs 100 million of SME Bank under his name when he arrived at his chamber.
After seeing the receipt, the opposition leader was surprised as well as worried, and stated that he did not know where it had come from. He instructed his staff to contact the relevant bank immediately and received news that it was fake.
Later, Khursheed Shah directed his staff to write a letter to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) to probe the matter.
Following this, Chairman of Senate, Raza Rabbani also received a receipt of Rs 100 million deposited in an account of the same bank. However, he asserted that he does not have an account in SME Bank.
National Assembly Speaker Ayaz Sadiq, JUI (F) Moulana Fazlur Rehman and Aitzaz Ahsan also among those who received receipts of the same bank.
- Forbes ‘Next 1000 List’ honours Pakistan’s Mariam Nusrat03:08 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Turgut Alp, Bamsı Beyrek made brand ambassadors for ...02:17 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Pakistani TikToker remanded in police custody over fraud with ...12:11 AM | 20 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021