'Bhatta' in reverse: Lawmakers receive mysterious 'parchis' of Rs 100 million
On Wednesday, Leader of the Opposition in National Assembly (NA), Khurshid Shah found a Term Deposit Receipt (TDR) of Rs 100 million of SME Bank under his name when he arrived at his chamber.
After seeing the receipt, the opposition leader was surprised as well as worried, and stated that he did not know where it had come from. He instructed his staff to contact the relevant bank immediately and received news that it was fake.
Later, Khursheed Shah directed his staff to write a letter to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) to probe the matter.
Following this, Chairman of Senate, Raza Rabbani also received a receipt of Rs 100 million deposited in an account of the same bank. However, he asserted that he does not have an account in SME Bank.
National Assembly Speaker Ayaz Sadiq, JUI (F) Moulana Fazlur Rehman and Aitzaz Ahsan also among those who received receipts of the same bank.
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Petroleum prices to remain unchanged as PM Imran rejects OGRA's ...09:38 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartfelt note about ‘soulmate’06:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021