NAB arrests ex-PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi from Lahore
LAHORE – The National Accountability Bureau on Thursday took former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi into custody after he failed to appear before the anti-corruption watchdog in a case pertaining to the LNG scandal.
Abbasi, a senior leader of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), was arrested from Lahore's Thokar Niaz Baig area.
His arrest was confirmed by fellow Leaguer, Ahsan Iqbal:
Former PM Shahid Khaqan arrested on an uncertified photocopy. “N League Accountability Bureau (NAB)” arrests SVP of PMLN . Mega corruption scandals remain untouched under PTI umbrella. pic.twitter.com/depubUaRt7
— Ahsan Iqbal (@betterpakistan) July 18, 2019
Earlier today, the former premier had written a letter to the Beaurau and sought time to appear before it.
Abbasi is facing accusations of handing over a tender worth Rs220 billion to a company in which he was a shareholder himself. His name is also on the Exit Control List.
This is a developing story and will be updated soon.
- Nine Pakistani companies participate in 22nd Intersec Dubai04:57 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- ADB president calls on PM Imran in Davos04:10 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HBO Max orders royal family comedy ‘The Prince’02:55 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019