NAB arrests ex-PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi from Lahore
LAHORE – The National Accountability Bureau on Thursday took former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi into custody after he failed to appear before the anti-corruption watchdog in a case pertaining to the LNG scandal.
Abbasi, a senior leader of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), was arrested from Lahore's Thokar Niaz Baig area.
His arrest was confirmed by fellow Leaguer, Ahsan Iqbal:
Former PM Shahid Khaqan arrested on an uncertified photocopy. “N League Accountability Bureau (NAB)” arrests SVP of PMLN. Mega corruption scandals remain untouched under PTI umbrella. pic.twitter.com/depubUaRt7
— Ahsan Iqbal (@betterpakistan) July 18, 2019
Earlier today, the former premier had written a letter to the Beaurau and sought time to appear before it.
Abbasi is facing accusations of handing over a tender worth Rs220 billion to a company in which he was a shareholder himself. His name is also on the Exit Control List.
This is a developing story and will be updated soon.
- Enablers set up very first Incubation Center in UMT05:13 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Aam Aadmi Party’s big victory over Modi’s BJP is not really that ...04:40 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- PM Imran warns world to take notice of India's ultranationalist ...12:51 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Riz Ahmed to debut play about his 'toxic breakup' with UK12:27 PM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Shaniera Akram shares her experience of working in debut film11:58 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Jaafar Jackson is amazed by Pakistani hospitality during visit11:55 AM | 17 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019