PTI government has nothing to do with NAB arrests: Interior minister
ISLAMABAD – Federal Interior Minister Brig (r) Ijaz Shah said Thursday the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) led government has nothing to do with the arrests being carried out by National Accountability Bureau (NAB).
Commenting on former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi’s arrest, the minister said that “NAB is an independent institution,” adding that the government has nothing to do with the arrests being carried out by NAB .
Addressing a press conference, he said that the NAB chairman was nominated by the PML-N and PPP.
“Imran Khan had no role in his appointment,” he said, adding that they (the ‘corrupt’ politicians) should suffer for what they did.
The interior minister further said that the PTI members are also facing court proceedings.
“Nobody has played on front foot like Imran Khan is playing as the prime minister,” he said and added that the credit for the change in national policy goes to him.
NAB arrests ex-PM Shahid Khaqan Abbasi from Lahore 02:23 PM | 18 Jul, 2019
LAHORE – The National Accountability Bureau on Thursday took former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi into custody ...
The NAB on Thursday arrested former prime minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi near Thokar Niaz Baig toll plaza in Lahore.
Both leaders were on their way to hold a presser in Lahore.
The NAB will request the accountability court to issue transit remand for Shahid Khaqan Abbasi. The accountability bureau had served him four notices to appear before it.
But, earlier today, Abbasi skipped the NAB Rawalpindi appearance in a case pertaining to the LNG scandal.
Seeking three-day time from the NAB Rawalpindi for appearance, the former premier had written a letter to the anti-corruption watchdog saying it was not possible for him to appear before the bureau on a short notice.
NAB writes letters regarding seizure of Shehbaz ... 04:36 PM | 18 Jul, 2019
ISLAMABAD – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has written letters to departments concerned regarding seizure ...
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi was summoned by the National Accountability Bureau on Thursday (today) in case pertaining to the LNG scandal as the NAB has launched formal investigations against him.
According to the NAB notice, "Shahid Khaqan Abbasi possesses vital information regarding the LNG scandal. The national exchequer suffered loss worth billions of rupees owing to illegal contracts."
The PML-N leader earlier appeared thrice before of the NAB during the inquiry.
- Palestinian-Israeli conflict: Pakistan urges UN to play its central ...12:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Zayn Malik wins hearts by donating huge sum to little girl needing ...11:59 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Cameras installed in Islamabad police uniforms to improve performance11:51 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- Bangladesh cricket team lands in Lahore to play T-20 series against ...11:05 AM | 23 Jan, 2020
- I absolutely do not endorse the concepts and viewpoints of Mr Khalil ...03:37 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Taylor Swift reveals mother's brain tumor diagnosis03:12 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019