Govt hands over evidence against MQM chief to UK
The evidence was handed over by Federal Interior Minister Nisar Ali Khan during his meeting with UK High Commissioner Philip Barton in Islamabad today.
Reports said that Khan handed over a copy of an FIR registered on a complaint by Pakistan Ranges (Sindh) against the MQM chief on Monday night along with other evidences.
Khan urged the UK government to stop Altaf Hussain from issuing threatening statements against Pakistani security agencies and individuals from the British soil.
Sources said that the issue of Imran Farooq murder case also came under discussion. Both the sides agreed to cooperate with respect to ongoing investigations.
The meeting was held a day after Rangers lodged an FIR against the MQM chief at Civil Lines police station, Karachi for “making threatening remarks against the paramilitary Rangers force.”
The case was registered under clause 7 of Anti-Terrorism Court and 506 (B) of Pakistan Penal Code (PPC).
- Supreme Court wants Nasla Tower demolished in a week03:45 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- T20 World Cup: Scotland to face Afghanistan today03:23 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- FC Team secures second consecutive Gobi's Paints Polo Cup trophy02:51 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities over the moon after Pakistan’s historic triumph over ...01:40 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Hilarious memes flood Twitter after Pakistan end losing streak ...12:58 PM | 25 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani stars excited for Pak-India T20 World Cup clash07:37 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Waqar Zaka advises Shah Rukh Khan to settle in Pakistan07:00 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Shahveer Jafry ties the knot with Ayesha Baig in enchanting ceremony03:30 PM | 24 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021