Pak-Afghan border likely to reopen soon
According to a report by The News, sources in Pakistan-Afghanistan Joint Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PAJCCI) confirmed on Friday that high-ranking officials in Islamabad had assured the PAJCCI chairman Zubair Motiwala that the border which remained shut for a month would be reopened within the next 24 hours.
The border at Torkham was closed on February 16 after a suicide bomber ripped through devotees at Lal Shehbaz Qalandar shrine. Pakistan also targeted terrorists hideouts on Pak-Afghan border to convey a message of zero tolerance regarding the use of Afghan soil against Pakistan.
Moreover, Islamabad had handed Afghanistan a list of 76 wanted terrorists believed to be hiding across the border. but Kabul rejected the allegations and insisted Pakistan to reopen the key crossings between the two neighbors.
- Gold price jumps Rs700 per tola in Pakistan10:22 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan revises up 2020-21 economic growth rate at 5.37%09:50 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan set 240-run target for Afghanistan08:46 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Kana Yaari' – Coke Studio's hijabi rapper Eva B wins hearts07:31 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021