COAS Bajwa calls on PM Imran to discuss regional environment, Kashmir situation
ISLAMABAD – Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa called on Prime Minister Imran Khan in Islamabad on Wednesday, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Latest developments in the regional environment, situation in occupied Kashmir and Prime Minister's forthcoming visit to Saudi Arabia and the US to attend the UN General Assembly session were discussed during the meeting.
The prime minister is due to visit Saudi Arabia on September 19 before he travels to the United States to attend the 74th UN General Assembly session.
Khan's foreign visits hold special significance due to the situation that is emerging in the Occupied Kashmir since August 5 when India deprived the Muslim majority region of its autonomy.
The prime minister has pledged to raise the issue at the UNGA as the ‘Ambassador of Kashmir’ and expose the Indian government's extremist agenda.
- PM Imran welcomes UNSC members for again taking up IIOJ&K dispute08:35 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Shan Masood, Muhammad Abbas uplift Pakistan in first England Test12:59 AM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Independence Day — PIA announces major cut in fares09:38 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Indian TV actor Sameer Sharma dies by suicide03:26 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- Angelina Jolie wants reconciliation between Brad Pitt and kids02:57 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- I had an inferiority complex and grew up applying fairness creams: ...01:31 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020