One dead, 12 injured as blast hits Excise Office in Mardan
Security forces and rescue teams rushed to the blast site immediately and shifted the injured to district headquarter hospital. Two Excise and Taxation officials, a policeman and a journalist were also among the injured.
According to hospital administration, at least three of the injured are said to be in critical condition.
District Police Officer Mardan Faisal Shehzad said that it was a suicide blast, while there are reports that gunshots were also fired before the blast. The suicide bomber detonated himself in computer section of the building, he said.
The Excise and Taxation Office is located near Mall road where several other significant buildings of banks and General Post Office are also located. It is a densely populated area of the city.
Earlier, an office of National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) located just next to the Excise and Taxation Office was targeted by suicide bomber in December last year. As many as 26 people were killed in the attack.
- Paani Key Pankh – PM Imran launches documentary drama in Islamabad ...08:05 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Money laundering – UK court orders extradition of Abraaj founder ...07:49 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Reducing unfair means in recruitment: Case of Police in Pakistan07:20 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021