Man marries 'maternal aunt' in Shakargarh
The incident came to the light after a man named Muhammad Akram lodged a complaint against his real grandson, Ghulam Ahmad, accusing him of abducting his daughter after coaxing her.
According to the complaint, Akram said that Ahmad is son of another daughter, who lives in Faisalabad after marriage. He claimed that Ahmad abducted her 22-year-old daughter Attia Bibi after luring her some three months ago.
However, Kot Nainan police station registered a case following the complaint and later arrested the accused couple.
Both accused, Ahmad and Attia, were produced before a magistrate following the arrest. The couple also revealed that they have married each other.
Station House Officer Tariq Mehmood said that the religion and law prohibited a nephew from marrying his maternal aunt. He said that stern legal action would be taken against them and the person who administered Nikah, if marriage certificate is presented.
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-09-Updated 10:00 ...09:32 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Pakistan registers 3,785 new Covid-19 cases, 118 deaths in 24 hours09:12 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 09 May 202108:59 AM | 9 May, 2021
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- PM Imran and Pakistani delegation pay respects at Masjid-e-Nabwi12:00 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021