Imprisoned Asif Zardari permitted to meet children
The co-chairman of Pakistan Peoples Party had submitted a request through his lawyer, Farooq H Naek, seeking permission in this regard which was approved on Wednesday.
The PPP leader is currently in the custody of National Accountability Bureau which arrested him in a money laundering case after the Islamabad High Court rejected his application for extension in bail.
NAB arrests Asif Ali Zardari in fake bank ... 03:10 PM | 10 Jun, 2019
ISLAMABAD - A team of National Accountability Bureau arrested former president Asif Ali Zardari on Monday, hours after ...
The accountability watchdog has accused him of plotting to “misappropriate and launder” money through his associates to whiten what the bureau terms his “ill-gotten” money through fake accounts in a private bank. He has also been accused of controlling and benefiting from the transactions in the fake accounts.
Asif Zardari and other leaders of PPP deny any wrongdoing and contend that the case is politically motivated; the former president would be produced before the court again on June 21.
Meanwhile, Pakistan Peoples Party Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari has been demanding the Speaker national Assembly, Asad Qaiser to issue production orders for the former president.
- Sastaticket.pk features in Forbes Asia 100 to watch in 202104:17 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Taliban leader Abdul Ghani Baradar makes it to Time's 100 most ...04:10 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PCB unveils new ODI kit for Pakistan’s series against New Zealand03:06 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Shahid Afridi pens a heartwarming birthday wish for daughter Ajwa02:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan's comedy legend Umer Sharif granted US visa11:44 AM | 16 Sep, 2021