Sindh governor may resign in 48 hours
The longest ruling governor of Sindh province, after the recent revelations by MQM activist Saulat Mirza, is seriously considering to quit his position.
Ishrat, the news channel claimed while quoting sources, contacted the interior minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan to raise his concerns over the latest development.
Earlier Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) had demanded the governor to immediately resign and present himself for the transparent interrogation into the allegations hurled by Saulat Mirza.
Mirza, in a video statement that surfaced just hours before his execution, had alleged that Ishrat have been protecting criminals associated to MQM.
He also claimed that MQM Head Altaf Hussain ordered him to murder the KESC chief in 1997.
The interior ministry postponed Mirza's execution for 72 more hours after the video statement.
- PSL 2021 — Islamabad United and Multan Sultans to fight it out ...08:18 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Matric students to prepare board exams through Exam Prep Master ...05:49 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Madhuri Dixit and Jaaved Jaaferi set the stage on fire with killer ...05:00 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas lands in hot waters after latest photoshoot04:06 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021