Pakistani murder suspect's UK extradition could spell disaster for Altaf
"Mohammed Zubair, who was 31 at the time, has been charged with the murders of Imran Khan (27) and Ahmedin Sayed Khyel (35), found dead in New Lane, Tong in May 2011", the website of the West Yorkshire Police said.
Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Superintendent Simon Atkinson said, "after five years, West Yorkshire Police has managed to arrange the extradition of Zubair, who has been in custody in Pakistan since November 2013".
The suspect is scheduled to appear before the Bradford Magistrates Court on Thursday (today).
“I would like to praise the Pakistani authorities for their assistance in not only securing his arrest, but also ensuring his extradition back to the UK,” the officer upheld.
There is no extradition treaty between Pakistan and Britain, but the two countries have enhanced cooperation in recent years to solve major crime cases.
- Imran Khan’s remarks about Maryam Nawaz widely condemned11:41 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Kashmir Premier League to invite Indian cricketer Virat Kohli to ...11:05 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Imran says PTI's core committee to decide final date for Islamabad ...10:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Raja Riaz appointed Opposition leader in National Assembly09:45 PM | 20 May, 2022
- PNS Badar: Pakistan Navy launches MILGEM-class ship09:12 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022