NA body to quiz NAB chief over Nawaz's money laundering probe today
Earlier, National Accountability Bureau (NAB) head was summoned on April 16 but he excused himself from appearing before the NA body due to his prior commitments.
NAB chief shies away from appearing before NA ... 01:42 PM | 16 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal, National Accountability Bureau (NAB) chairman, excused on Wednesday himself ...
He had asked the committee to give him sufficient time to appear before it. On his request, the parliamentary panel issued him notice for April 22.
Iqbal has been asked to appear before the committee along with the NAB official involved in the investigations.
An in-camera session would be held as media has bee barred from the coverage of the meeting.
The action by NA body came after Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) lawmaker Rana Hayat raised the point of order in wake of the controversial probe.
Money Laundering Probe
On May 8, taking notice of a misleading newspaper article based on a ‘flawed’ report of the World Bank, the anti-corruption watchdog started verification whether Sharif was involved in sending $4.9 billion to India.
NAB launches inquiry into allegations against ... 03:23 PM | 8 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The chairman of National Accountability Bureau, Justice (r) Javaid Iqbal has ordered to verify the ...
According to NAB, World Bank’s migration and remittance book released in September 2016 carried information that foreign exchange reserves of India increased by $4.9 billion after receiving the huge amount sent through money laundering, inflicting losses to Pakistan’s national kitty.
WB Rejects Reports
In a statement issued by the World Bank hours after the NAB’s announcement, it rejected that its Remittances and Migration Report of 2016 levelled $4.9 billion money-laundering accusations against the former premier.
World Bank quashes reports of money laundering by ... 09:16 AM | 9 May, 2018
ISLAMABAD – After the anti-graft watchdog taking notice of media reports announced to investigate alleged money ...
“In the past day, there have been media reports citing the World Bank’s Remittances and Migration Report of 2016. These media reports were incorrect,” read the press release.
“The World Bank’s Remittances and Migration Report is an effort by the World Bank to estimate migration and remittances numbers across the world. The report does not include any mention of money laundering nor does it name any individuals,” it added.
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021