Imran announces electioneering in NA 122, 154 despite ECP ban
While addressing a press conference in Lahore Imran Khan said the 2013's general elections were badly rigged in favor of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and a bogus speaker kept running National Assembly for two years. The ruling party was still being supported by local police officials and ECP, he alleged.
He went on to say that Riaz Kiyani, the ECP's member from Punjab, is a PML-N associate and he rigged elections in 2013. Kiyani is still serving PML-N, he added.
PTI chief said I have consulted my legal counsels about electioneering in by-polls and they told me there was no bar for me.
"I am not neither a minister nor a public office holder, hence I cannot influence the voters in upcoming by-polls," he said.
Imran Khan announced that he will lead the election campaign with full strength and ensure that PTI candidates win the by-polls on October 11. The victory of PTI candidates will be defeat of rigging, he said.
- Pakistan condemns Indian army for killing another three Kashmiris07:39 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan felicitates UK on Queen’s 95th official birthday07:02 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Multan Sultans take on Peshawar Zalmi tonight06:38 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Islamabad United set 153-run target for Lahore Qalandars ...05:56 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani opens up about supporting Asim Azhar during recent ...05:40 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic leaves fans stunned with sizzling beach ...03:37 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- Tiger Shroff’s mother Ayesha wishes Disha Patani on her birthday12:49 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- #BoycottKareenaKhan trends on social media over Sita character12:17 PM | 13 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistani FM reaches Turkey on diplomatic mission to highlight ...05:56 PM | 18 May, 2021