First fleet of Green Line buses arrives at Karachi port
KARACHI – A Chinese vessel carrying a cargo of the first batch of Green Line BRT buses from China has arrived at Karachi Port on Sunday (today).
A special ceremony will be held in the port city today and Sindh Governor Imran Ismail will inspect the buses at the port. Reports in local media stated that the ceremony will be attended by Governor Sindh Imran Ismail, Federal Planning Minister Asad Umar, Maritime Affairs Minister Ali Zaidi, and IT Minister Ameenul Haq.
Vessel carrying first lot of 42 Green line buses has dock KPT.— Developing Pakistan (@developingpak) September 19, 2021
Inshallah will unveil the state of art buses today at 3:30. Red carpet for the arrival of buses has been laid.#Karachi #Sindh #Pakistan #GreenLineMetro #MetroBus #MassTransit 🇵🇰🇵🇰 pic.twitter.com/A7Gm1KvVMP
Meanwhile, the second consignment of 40 more buses will reach Pakistan by the end of next month.
Earlier, Asad Umar had announced that the Green Line project will be made operational by November.
The project was launched by former prime minister Nawaz Sharif in February 2016 and it was expected to be completed in one year to facilitate commuters in Pakistan’s financial hub.
Karachi's Green Line Bus project ‘comes to a ... 03:43 PM | 21 Jun, 2021
KARACHI – Green Line bus rapid transit system in the country’s financial hub has virtually come to a halt ...
Initially, the cost of the project had been estimated at Rs16.85 billion. Later, the project was extended by another 10 kilometers and the estimated cost crossed the figure of Rs24 billion. The project includes 12.7 km elevated and 10.9 km at grade, and 422 meters underground, and has 25 stations across the country's largest metropolis.
- Terror suspect arrested in Indian occupied Kashmir was 'an active BJP ...12:14 AM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Fomer MQM minister Babar Ghauri arrested at Karachi airport11:52 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Deadline for Sharjah Government Communication Award submissions ...10:51 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Army chief tells military, intelligence officials to stay away from ...10:45 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- realme 9 Series Redefined Ultra-clear Smartphone Photography with ...10:25 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Merub Ali’s cute interaction with Sarah Khan’s daughter wins over ...07:10 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Shehnaaz Gill’s Punjabi version of ‘We Don’t Talk Anymore’ ...07:53 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- TikTok star Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:42 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022