Shehreyar khan becomes President of Asian Cricket Council
COLOMBO (Web Desk) - Chairman of Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Shehreyar Khan has been made President of AsianCricket Council here on Saturday.
The decision came after a meeting of Asian Cricket Council held in Colombo. Shehreyar has been instated for two years for the said post.
After being selected as a President, Shehreyar expressed his views and said that all cricket boards of the region should jointly put efforts for the promotion of cricket in Asia.
Pakistan has been awarded the Presidency of ACC after a period of six years. Previously, Ijaz Butt, Naseem Ashraf,Tauqeer Zia, Zafar Altaf and Mujeeb Ur Rehman had served in the same position.
The Asian Cricket Council (ACC) is a cricket organisation which was established in 1983, to promote and develop the sport of cricket in Asia. Subordinate to the International Cricket Council, the council is the continent's regional administrative body and currently consists of 24 member associations.
- Protests against Modi govt spread across India against discriminatory ...11:55 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PIC’s emergency ward reopened, while OPD, indoor services remain ...11:09 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan urges all Muslim countries devise joint strategy to stop ...10:39 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- UN terms India’s new citizenship law as 'discriminatory' against ...09:19 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019