Pakistan lodges protest with India over killing of 8-year-old boy along LOC
The Director General (SA & SAARC), Dr Mohammad Faisal “condemned the unprovoked ceasefire violations by the Indian occupation forces along the Line of Control on 19 February 2018 in Khuiratta Sector, Jijot Bahadar village, resulting in the shahadat of Ayan Zahid, an 8 years old boy,” according to a press release issued on Tuesday.
Indian terrorism claims 8-year-old Pakistani ... 07:52 PM | 19 Feb, 2018
RAWALPINDI – An eight-year-old boy has died after being targeted by Indian army along the Line of Control, the ...
The statement added, despite calls for restraint, India continues to indulge in ceasefire violations. It said, “In 2018, the Indian forces have carried out more than 335 ceasefire violations along the Line of Control and the Working Boundary, resulting in the shahadat of 15 innocent civilians and injuries to 65 others”.
This unprecedented escalation in ceasefire violations by India is continuing from the year 2017 when the Indian forces committed more than 1970 ceasefire violations.
FO said that the deliberate targeting of civilian populated areas especially children is indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity, international human rights and humanitarian laws.
On Feb 15, the Indian occupation forces also deliberately targeted a school van leaving the children severely traumatized and martyring the driver. The ceasefire violations by India are a threat to regional peace and security and may lead to a strategic miscalculation.
Faisal urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 Ceasefire arrangement; investigate this and other incidents of ceasefire violations; instruct the Indian forces to respect the ceasefire, in letter and spirit and maintain peace on the LoC and the Working Boundary.
He said that the Indian side should permit UNMOGIP to play its mandated role as per the UN Security Council resolutions.
- Chief Justice of Pakistan Gulzar Ahmad tests positive for COVID-19: ...07:34 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Meet Waseem Lata – the Pakistani man who sings in legendary Indian ...07:00 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Wedding festivities kick in for Bakhtawar-Mahmood as groom lands in ...04:36 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021