Pakistan Army airlifts 22 LUMS students trapped in Gilgit snow
RAWALPINDI - Pakistan Army has rescued 22 students, who were trapped in Rato, an area of Gilgit Baltistan, due to heavy snowfall and landsliding, said ISPR on Monday.
The students of the Lahore University of Management Sciences (Lums), who were in the area for skating, remained trapped in the area for around five days.
The university management then requested the army to rescue its students stranded in the mountainy area.
Following the request, Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa directed troops to airlift the students through helicopters.
The rescued students include 13 boys and 9 girls. They have been shifted to Rawalpindi safely.
- Armeena Khan and Ushna Shah call out Karachi Zoo after a viral video ...10:27 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- 65-years old woman injured in Indian unprovoked firing along LoC09:54 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Price of High Speed Diesel reduced by Rs 2.40 per liter09:10 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan's nuclear, strategic capability safe and secure: PM Imran08:53 AM | 1 Oct, 2020
- ECC raises electricity prices, gas meter rent11:41 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020