Avenfield reference: Khawaja Haris disassociates Nawaz Sharif with London flats in concluding arguments
Concluding his arguments in the Avenfield Reference, Haris contended that Nawaz hadn't accepted ownership of anything including the posh flats adding that the said flats were not in the name of former premier.
Haris argued that the burden of proof lies on the prosecution but decried that the prosecution has put the burden of the proof on the defence.
"Nawaz's ownership was never proven. If the ownership had been proven only then we could have discussed the supposed difference between income and assets of my client," he added.
The counsel added that none of the prosecution witnesses stated that Nawaz's son Hasan was a dependent of his father adding that that Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan official Sidra Mansoor could not even verify the documents she presented as a proof in court.
The Avenfield reference, pertaining to the Sharif family's London properties, is among three filed against the Sharif family by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) last year on the Supreme Court's directives.
While Nawaz's son-in-law Capt (retd) Safdar is appearing before the court, Nawaz and his daughter Maryam were given a four-day exemption from appearance on Tuesday as they are in London to inquire after ailing Kulsoom Nawaz.
- Jamshed Iqbal Cheema appointed SAPM on food security07:48 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- In first step to control price hike, new Pakistani finance minister ...07:35 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Ingenuity’ – NASA Mars helicopter makes first historic flight ...06:50 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021