Women gives birth outside Lahore hospital after being denied entry
LAHORE - A woman gave birth in the premises of a hospital in Lahore on Friday after staff denied her treatment as she did not have the required hospital card.
The incident took place at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital three days after a woman was forced to give birth outside the hospital in Raiwind.
Shabana Riaz reached the hospital along with her husband following labour pain but she was refused entry into the labour room, being forced to gave birth a baby boy on the stairs of the hospital.
Even after the delivery, the hospital staff did not provide treatment to the newborn, until he started facing breathing problems. Now, both mother and child are safe.
Following the incident, Punjab Health Minister Khawaja Salman Rafiq rushed to the hospital and suspended Sir Ganga Ram Hospital's Director Emergency Dr Abdul Ghaffar.
He also ordered the authorities to form a committee to prove the issue.
- Pakistan reports another polio case, taking year's tally to 2011:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Twitter withholds Govt of Pakistan’s official account in India11:22 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Japan’s wrestling legend turned politician Antonio Inoki passes ...10:48 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Celebs lambast PIA over cabin crew's attire10:15 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Govt seeks action against Imran Khan, other PTI leaders as cypher ...09:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan and Hamza Ali Abbasi exchange banter on live show11:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022