FO decries BJP's anti-Pakistan tirade in election rallies
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Office denounced on Sunday anti-Pakistan tirade run by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) currently ruling India in its election rallies.
Apparently, the BJP is busy in hurling false allegations at Pakistan amid the election going to be held in Haryana and Maharashtra on October 21 just to divert the public attention from real issues plaguing the society.
The focus of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led party in the whole election campaign, as usual, remained on Pakistan with a baseless tirade.
However, the foreign office has rejected all the allegations in a statement and said: "The anti-Pakistan tirade of the BJP leadership has continued as the electoral process in the Indian States of Haryana and Maharashtra advanced".
It highlighted, "In successive election rallies in recent days, Pakistan has been invoked repeatedly".
"Statements have been made regurgitating baseless allegations of Pakistan’s support to terrorism and drug smuggling, threatening stemming the flow of river water to Pakistan , and taking credit for Pakistan’s historic decision of opening of Kartarpur Corridor".
"We categorically reject these allegations and threats as well as distortion of history and facts," read the official statement.
A leader of the Indian National Congress, earlier today, hit out at the BJP and said that under the Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government, a "surgical strike" always happens just before the elections.
His comments come hours after India resorted to unprovoked firing along the LOC targetting the common people.
9 Indian soldiers killed as Pakistan responds to ... 01:02 PM | 20 Oct, 2019
RAWALPINDI – A Pakistan Army soldier and three civilians were martyred as the Indian army resorted to ceasefire ...
Earlier this week, Modi while speaking at an election gathering in Haryana threated that India would not allow its water to flow to Pakistan in defiance of the Indus Water Treaty brokered by the World Bank.
India will not allow water to flow to Pakistan, ... 04:12 PM | 15 Oct, 2019
CHARKHI DADRI- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi threatened on Tuesday that India would not allow its water to flow ...
The BJP leader said he ‘will stop this water’ (from flowing into Pakistan), adding that the farmers of Haryana and Rajasthan have the rights over the water that is flowing to Pakistan and was not stopped by successive Indian governments.
- Dutch government closely monitoring HR situation in IOJK: Senior ...11:03 PM | 10 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed talks about the success of hit serial ‘Mere Paas Tum ...05:23 PM | 10 Dec, 2019
- Indian troops killed 95,471 Kashmiris since Jan 198904:46 PM | 10 Dec, 2019
- Traka continues to modernise Atlantis, The Palm’s Access Control ...04:37 PM | 10 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan ranks 152nd in UN’s Human Development Index03:55 PM | 10 Dec, 2019
- Will Queen Elizabeth retire at 95, really?03:59 PM | 9 Dec, 2019
- This Pakistani makeup artist's transformation into Deepika Padukone ...03:35 PM | 9 Dec, 2019
- Atif Aslam is not a part of PSL 202002:54 PM | 9 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019