FO decries BJP's anti-Pakistan tirade in election rallies
Apparently, the BJP is busy in hurling false allegations at Pakistan amid the election going to be held in Haryana and Maharashtra on October 21 just to divert the public attention from real issues plaguing the society.
The focus of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led party in the whole election campaign, as usual, remained on Pakistan with a baseless tirade.
However, the foreign office has rejected all the allegations in a statement and said: "The anti-Pakistan tirade of the BJP leadership has continued as the electoral process in the Indian States of Haryana and Maharashtra advanced".
It highlighted, "In successive election rallies in recent days, Pakistan has been invoked repeatedly".
"Statements have been made regurgitating baseless allegations of Pakistan’s support to terrorism and drug smuggling, threatening stemming the flow of river water to Pakistan, and taking credit for Pakistan’s historic decision of opening of Kartarpur Corridor".
"We categorically reject these allegations and threats as well as distortion of history and facts," read the official statement.
A leader of the Indian National Congress, earlier today, hit out at the BJP and said that under the Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government, a "surgical strike" always happens just before the elections.
His comments come hours after India resorted to unprovoked firing along the LOC targetting the common people.
Earlier this week, Modi while speaking at an election gathering in Haryana threated that India would not allow its water to flow to Pakistan in defiance of the Indus Water Treaty brokered by the World Bank.
The BJP leader said he ‘will stop this water’ (from flowing into Pakistan), adding that the farmers of Haryana and Rajasthan have the rights over the water that is flowing to Pakistan and was not stopped by successive Indian governments.
- London hospital employee Waseem issues threat to journalist Hamza ...10:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Nawaz Sharif playing dangerous game to weaken Pakistan Army: PM Imran09:49 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pemra bans Nawaz Sharif’s speeches on TV channels09:28 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- PM Imran felicitates China on 71st founding anniversary08:29 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Here is complete process to apply online for Punjab Rozgar Scheme08:02 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Shaam Idrees introduces his eldest daughter Dua Idrees04:37 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Happy Birthday Naaday Ali, keep making mama proud: Hadiqa Kiani04:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Haseena Moin to write a special web-series on breast cancer awareness ...03:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020