MQM-P's Raees Mama nabbed at Karachi airport
Korangi SSP Zulfiqar Mahar said Mama worked under MQM-London’s Hammad Siddiqui - the primary accused in the Baldia Town incident - and has been accused crimes such as killings, extortion, attacking policemen and terrorist activities.
The accused was presented in Sindh Hight court amid high security, before being remanded in custody for 20 days.
In 2011, armed men attacked a police team led by DSP Syed Badar Ali Shah in Chakra Goth, Korangi, leaving three police personnel dead and 27 injured.
Mama’s name had been added to the Exit Control List on the request of intelligence agencies in 2015.
Raees allegedly played an important role in sectarian and ethnic target killings. He is also accused of earning millions of rupees through China cutting in Bagh-e-Korangi in Mehran Town.
Mama is also wanted for his alleged involvement in the killing of MQM-Haqiqi (MQM-H) workers and Lyari gang war members.
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022