Masroor Nawaz Jhangvi reveals drastic change in himself after PP-78 victory
“Responsibility has fallen on my shoulders, now I am representative of all the people of Jhang,” Jhangvi told an international news agency.
“I consider everybody to be human, and I want peace in Jhang and in Punjab,” Jhangvi added.
Jhangvi overpowered his rivals in Jhang by-elections on December 1, but his victory stirred a debate among political circles due to his sectarian background. Some also termed his victory lethal to National Action Plan.
Moulana Masroor Nawaz was being supported by the banned Ahl-e-Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ).
Over 25 candidates including Moulana Masroor Nawaz (Independent), Haji Azad Naser Ansari (PML-N) Shaikh Arfa Majeed (PTI) and Nasim Qadri (PAT) were contesting the elections.
The 29-year-old legislator is also on a list of people with suspected ties to militant groups. Jhangvi's father, Haq Nawaz Jhangvi, was a fierce cleric who founded the now proscribed Sipah-i-Sahaba Pakistan, before being assassinated in 1990.
- FM Bilawal Bhutto defends ex-PM Imran’s Russia visit in US09:23 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Pakistan’s ex-foreign minister Sardar Asif Ahmad dies in Lahore09:00 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in #Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:26 AM | 20 May, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 20 May 202208:10 AM | 20 May, 2022
- New Zealand pays Pakistan compensation for abruptly ending 2021 tour11:57 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Sunny Leone’s video of getting body massage goes viral06:50 PM | 19 May, 2022
- 'Willing to play Maryam Nawaz on-screen' – Saba Qamar reveals her ...05:55 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Yumna Zaidi and Merub Ali win hearts with latest video05:09 PM | 19 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022