Masroor Nawaz Jhangvi reveals drastic change in himself after PP-78 victory
“Responsibility has fallen on my shoulders, now I am representative of all the people of Jhang,” Jhangvi told an international news agency.
“I consider everybody to be human, and I want peace in Jhang and in Punjab,” Jhangvi added.
Jhangvi overpowered his rivals in Jhang by-elections on December 1, but his victory stirred a debate among political circles due to his sectarian background. Some also termed his victory lethal to National Action Plan.
Moulana Masroor Nawaz was being supported by the banned Ahl-e-Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ).
Over 25 candidates including Moulana Masroor Nawaz (Independent), Haji Azad Naser Ansari (PML-N) Shaikh Arfa Majeed (PTI) and Nasim Qadri (PAT) were contesting the elections.
The 29-year-old legislator is also on a list of people with suspected ties to militant groups. Jhangvi's father, Haq Nawaz Jhangvi, was a fierce cleric who founded the now proscribed Sipah-i-Sahaba Pakistan, before being assassinated in 1990.
- Mahira Khan wants to recreate this scene with Shah Rukh Khan!10:07 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Former Pakistan Army chief Gen (r) Bajwa watches PAKvENG Test at ...09:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- German mayor of Pakistan origin wishes to settle in Karachi forever08:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Is The Legend of Maula Jatt going to be screened in India?07:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- BTS member Jin reveals his biggest wish on his birthday06:25 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022