PM Imran inaugurates Islamabad National University at PM House
Speaking at the ceremony, the prime minister said all the symbols of colonial mindset will be razed adding that the purpose of establishing a university in the PM House was to signal the need for education and human development.
"PTI government prioritizes education and the gap between the government and the public should be lessened," Khan added.
The premier shared that the incumbent government was making the masses aware of their rights so that they can question rulers about their tax money.
Prime Minister Imran Khan asserted that Education was the top priority of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf government and enough funds were being provided for higher education in the country.
Declaring that education is imperative for progress and development, the PM said no nation can make progress without quality education.
"China and Singapore made major economic development through quality education," the PM said and added that the focus of his government was the promotion of education.
The prime minister observed that the overall standard of education would be improved.
On the occasion, Education Minister Shafqat Mehmood detailed that the educational institutions will be housed in the premises of the PM House and other departments of the university will be added over time in the grounds of the property.
“Establishing the institute and the university is a fulfilment of PM Imran Khan’s commitment to turn palatial official residences into facilities for public use,” said Mehmood.
Notables including former LUMS VC, Dr Adil Najam, former chairman Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB), Dr Umar Saif, Adviser to PM on Institutional Reforms & Austerity Dr Ishrat Hussain, Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Yao Jing and Foreign diplomats attended the event.
PM Imran had first announced his intention to convert the PM House into an educational institution during his election campaign.
Following his victory in 2018 elections, Khan reiterated the promise in his victory speech.
- Taliban respond as Pakistani PM expresses concerns over use of Afghan ...03:00 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Two cops arrested on charges of assault, rape attempt in Lahore01:15 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- World Bank mulls $2 billion loan for flood-ravaged Pakistan12:44 PM | 25 Sep, 2022
- PAKvENG: Confident Pakistan seek revenge against England in fourth ...11:51 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- IN PICS: Pakistani stars bring their style game at Hum Awards 202211:05 AM | 25 Sep, 2022
- Priyanka Chopra calls Malala Yousafzai her 'favourite' in latest ...11:55 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Abrar to file case against Bollywood director Karan Johar in India09:45 PM | 24 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022