NAB takes Agha Siraj Durrani’s custody until March 1
The leader of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) was produced by the anti-corruption bureau before the court in Karachi on Thursday. NAB authorities appealed the court to grant a 14-day physical remand of the 65-year-old, arguing that matter was "at the inquiry stage".
Senior party leaders, including Sindh Assembly Deputy Speaker Shehla Raza, Local Government Minister Saeed Ghani, Sindh Information Minister Nasir Hussain Shah and former Sindh chief minister Qaim Ali Shah, were also at court.
NAB arrests Sindh Assembly Speaker Agha Siraj ... 01:01 PM | 20 Feb, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The Karachi office of National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has apprehended Speaker Sindh Assembly Agha ...
Durrani was arrested by the anti-corruption watchdog from Islamabad on Wednesday allegedly for having assets beyond means and funds embezzlement.
His lawyer said that his client's "house had been raided" by NAB officials. He also accused the officials of "misbehaving with the women".
- PSL6 game between Quetta Gladiators-Islamabad United postponed after ...07:50 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Punjab schools to start academic year from August 107:24 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan Army kicks off International Team Spirit Competition-2021 ...06:54 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik thanks Pakistani fans for the love06:30 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Aishwarya Rai’s Pakistani doppelgänger says being offered films03:34 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Amitabh Bachchan undergoes successful eye surgery03:17 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021