NAB takes Agha Siraj Durrani’s custody until March 1
The leader of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) was produced by the anti-corruption bureau before the court in Karachi on Thursday. NAB authorities appealed the court to grant a 14-day physical remand of the 65-year-old, arguing that matter was "at the inquiry stage".
Senior party leaders, including Sindh Assembly Deputy Speaker Shehla Raza, Local Government Minister Saeed Ghani, Sindh Information Minister Nasir Hussain Shah and former Sindh chief minister Qaim Ali Shah, were also at court.
NAB arrests Sindh Assembly Speaker Agha Siraj ... 01:01 PM | 20 Feb, 2019
ISLAMABAD - The Karachi office of National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has apprehended Speaker Sindh Assembly Agha ...
Durrani was arrested by the anti-corruption watchdog from Islamabad on Wednesday allegedly for having assets beyond means and funds embezzlement.
His lawyer said that his client's "house had been raided" by NAB officials. He also accused the officials of "misbehaving with the women".
- Defiant Pakistani journalist Imran Riaz Khan arrested (VIDEO)11:29 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan golfers shine in international event10:47 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt’s new video with Mahira Khan and Fahad Mustafa wins ...07:10 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Watch – Umair Jaswal drops new song 'Bewafa'06:42 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022