FIA arrests suspect who sent fake bank slips of Rs 100mln to lawmakers
Following the complaints lodged by lawmakers, the FIA started investigation and at last detained the suspect named Atiq ur Rehman, who is a former employee of a private bank.
On Wednesday, Leader of the Opposition in National Assembly (NA), Khurshid Shah, Senate Chairman Mia Raza Rabbani, Speaker Ayaz Sadiq, JUI (F) chief Moulana Fazlur Rehman and Aitzaz Ahsain received Term Deposit Receipt (TDR) of Rs 100 million of SME Bank under their name.
The lawmakers after receiving the receipt were surprised as well as worried. They directed their staff to contact the bank, which declared the slips as fake.
- China establishes world's largest 5G mobile network09:38 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- How many Pakistanis are expected to perform Hajj this year, reveals ...08:55 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Jamshed Iqbal Cheema appointed SAPM on food security07:48 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- In first step to control price hike, new Pakistani finance minister ...07:35 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021