Pakistan beats India with landslide margin on happiness index
The ranking is based on six indicators: income per capita, life expectancy, social support, freedom, generosity and corruption; Pakistan jumped eight spots from last year's ranking at 75 and even defeated its neighbors with a landslide margin.
On the other hand, India is placed at 140 as it lost seven spots than last year. China is at 93, Iran at 117, Iraq at 126 and Afghanistan at 154 while Bangladesh is ranked 125.
Pakistan is among the top 20 gainers on the index, along with Philippines, and countries from Europe, Africa and Latin America.
India is among the 20 largest losers with Malaysia, Venezuela and Ukraine as well, besides others.
Finland topped the list for the second year in a row, tailed by Denmark, Norway and Iceland, respectively. On the contrary, South Sudan ranked the least happy on the list.
The report also highlights the percentage of respondents in different countries which donate to charity or do volunteer work over the past month. In Pakistan, around 32.8 per cent of respondents reported donating to a charity, while 14.2pc reported volunteering within the 30-day period.
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-09-Updated 10:00 ...09:32 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Pakistan registers 3,785 new Covid-19 cases, 118 deaths in 24 hours09:12 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 09 May 202108:59 AM | 9 May, 2021
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- PM Imran and Pakistani delegation pay respects at Masjid-e-Nabwi12:00 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021