PTI's Shireen Mazari arrested by anti-corruption officials in Islamabad
PTI leader and former Human Rights minister Shireen Mazari was detained by anti-corruption officials in a case registered in Dera Ghazi Khan.
In a tweet on Saturday, her daughter Imaan Zainab Mazari-Hazir shared that her mother was "beaten and taken away by male police officials" of Anti-Corruption Wing Lahore.
Dr. Mazari was picked up outside from her Islamabad house, PTI leader Iftikhar Durani shared while calling on all party workers to reach Kohsaaar Police Station.
In footage doing rounds on the internet, the senior PTI leader can be seen being dragged out of a vehicle by female cops while she resisted. “Don't touch me," Mazari told female police personnel.
Mazari's daughter, Imaan Mazari who is also a lawyer, told local media that her mother was ‘kidnapped’, adding that the family was not informed of anything about the case.
She mentioned that her mother was detained using 'unconstitutional' procedure, adding that she does not have information regarding her mother's whereabouts and she was ‘forcibly disappeared’.
I will not rest and will come after them, Imaan said as she warned the authorities of consequences of the action.
Former ruling party has filed an application with Islamabad High Court (IHC), with its lawyers present at the court presently.
Meanwhile, PTI leaders and activists also flocked to the police station where the former human rights minister was apparently being held.
The arrest of the noted politician was also condemned by PTI leaders. Former premier and Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan also shared a tweet that stated ‘Our senior party leader Shireen Mazari has reportedly been violently abducted from outside her house by this fascist regime. Shireen is strong and fearless, if the imported govt thinks it can coerce her by this fascism, they have miscalculated!’
Our senior party leader Shireen Mazari has reportedly been violently abducted from outside her house by this fascist regime.— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) May 21, 2022
Shireen is strong and fearless, if the imported govt thinks it can coerce her by this fascism, they have miscalculated! 1/2#ReleaseDrMazari
The firebrand politician lambasted the Sharif-led government, saying that his party's movement is completely peaceful but this fascist imported govt wants to push the country towards chaos. As if sending the economy into tailspin wasn't enough, they now want anarchy to avoid elections. Today we will protest and tmrw after CC meeting I’ll announce our Long March’.
Farrukh Habib, Shafqat Mahmood, Zartaj Gul Wazir and others called the former minister's arrest ‘illegal kidnapping’, calling on authorities to immediately release her.
Shireen Mazari’s arrest: PTI files plea with ... 05:03 PM | 21 May, 2022
ISLAMABAD – Former prime minister Imran Khan has given a call for protest over the arrest of his party leader ...
Meanwhile, PPP leader Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar also shared a tweet, saying the arrest was ‘deplorable’ and the ‘worst form of political oppression’.
- Pakistan Railways to run three special trains on Eidul Adha03:28 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Top Pakistani general discusses bilateral security with Iranian ...03:05 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Asad Rauf: Former ICC umpire not ashamed to sell second-hand items in ...02:44 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani forces kill three terrorists in North Waziristan operation02:14 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan shares tips to get viral on social media01:33 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Model Fia Khan faces backlash over bold pregnancy photoshoot11:51 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Hareem Farooq and Imran Abbas channel 70s vibes in latest BTS video11:00 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022