Pakistan will not unilaterally limit its nuclear program: Maleeha Lodhi
"Pakistan’s nuclear program cannot be limited," Lodhi said while addressing a joint press conference with Foreign Secretary Aizaz Chaudhry in New York on Tuesday. "The world should first put an end to nuclear activities undertaken by India," she added.
The Pakistani envoy to UN added that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has made it clear that the proposals which were expected from Pakistan should also be implemented by India.
Speaking on the occasion, Aizaz Chaudhry said that the world acknowledges efforts and sacrifices rendered by Pakistan in fight against terrorism. He further said that no other state had acted against terrorism as much as Pakistan had.
The foreign secretary further urged the world to put pressure on India to be a good neighbor. He also told the media that the Pakistani primer, in his address to 71st session of UNGA, will highlight the Indian interference across the border.
PM Nawaz has been holding meetings with different world leaders, including British PM Theresa May, Saudi Arabia crown prince Muhammad bin Nayef, New Zealand PM John Key, in order to press India for resolving Kashmir dispute.
- First pictures of prime suspect in British woman's murder in Pakistan ...07:54 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Father declares Haniya Khan ‘mentally unstable’ after she creates ...07:12 PM | 6 May, 2021
- PCB, NCOC decide on venue of PSL 2021’s remaining matches today06:48 PM | 6 May, 2021
- PAKvZIM: Babar Azam announces 13-member squad for second Test against ...06:29 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Pakistan allows use of airspace by Canadian plane carrying aid to ...05:53 PM | 6 May, 2021
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern plans summer wedding03:45 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Bushra Ansari's sister Sumbul Shahid loses battle to COVID-1903:35 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi reveals ex-husband Shamoon Abbasi is also her ...04:32 PM | 6 May, 2021