LHC issues non-bailable arrest warrant for secretary ECP
Lahore High Court s Justice Shehzada Mazhar heard the case today (Thursday). Lawyer of PTI member Javed Badar told court that it was clearly mentioned in the Election Commission s review report that Returning Officer (ROs) did not implement Article 62 and 63 during 2013 general election. He further prayed to court to re-issue order regarding scrutiny of all the assembly candidates.
Meanwhile, the court was informed that the Secretary Election Commission did not submit his reply in court despite four notices. Justice Shehzada Mazhar expressed resentment and issued non-bailable arrest warrant for Secretary ECP on February 10.
Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) was asked to file reply on a petition seeking scrutiny of parliamentarians under Article 62 and 63 of the Constitution.
- Ex-judge of Supreme Court picked to head probe body on Broadsheet case09:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Celebs call out 'elite aunties' of Cannoli for demeaning their café ...08:45 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan Army chief hails tireless efforts of ISI for national ...08:25 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan launches issuance of Letters of Administration and ...07:56 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- FM Qureshi represents Pakistan in 17th virtual ACD Ministerial ...07:46 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood remembers Sushant Singh Rajput on birth anniversary05:21 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Wedding festivities kick in for Bakhtawar-Mahmood as groom lands in ...04:36 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Netflix crosses 200 million subscribers06:39 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021