LUMHS student took life due to family pressure to pursue medical studies, say police
According to the preliminary investigation by the university's inquiry team, it was a failure of the varsity’s student counseling system that they didn't notice the suicide victim Atif Arain’s lack of interest in studies. “He was always barely able to get through examination mostly in the second attempt during first two years of MBBS,” said a committee member.
The university’s probe committee also visited the deceased’s room in the hostel and met his friends. The inquiry team inquired how Atif was able to bring the weapon to his room unnoticed by hostel security staff.
Friends of the late Atif told the police that he was not interested in continuing medical education and was only pursuing the field to please his family. According to Jamshoro SSP Tauqir Naeem, "He wanted to be a cricketer or a chartered accountant." He also said that police, after a preliminary probe, learnt that Atif used to feel lonely.
Police are further investigating the possibility of murder. The deceased’s vital organs had been sent to the laboratory for chemical examination to determine the possibility of poisoning and the report was awaited, said MLO Dr Waqar.
Atif was studying in LUMHS on self-finance basis and had an unimpressive academic record.
- Amazon Prime Day 2020 is happening on October 1309:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- HSY, Feroze Khan discuss initiatives to combat harassment on Live ...08:18 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Northern’s Haider Ali trends on Twitter after blasting batting in ...06:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Indian national held for crossing into Pakistan illegally, booked ...05:55 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Super well made: Anoushey Ashraf can’t stop praising ...04:35 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- The fault is not in our laws, our mindset needs to change: Mehwish ...02:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Rhea Chakraborty 'an active member of a drug syndicate:' NCB02:26 PM | 30 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020