Mango Diplomacy: Prime Minister sends mangoes to Modi amid tense relations
Mango diplomacy came in handy the second time. Last year, the fruit, relished equally on both sides of the border, was seen as a peace offering. Mangoes were delivered soon after India called off foreign secretary talks.
Mangoes have been integral to the way Pakistan conducts diplomacy with India. On many occasions, prime minister's predecessors, too, have let the 'king of fruits' do the talking.
President of India Pranab Mukherjee and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, too, got a taste of Sharif’s mango diplomacy, as fruit boxes were also delivered at Rashtrapati Bhawan and 10 Janpath.
India did its bit too. National security adviser Ajit Doval sent an Eid hamper to Abdul Basit, Pakistan’s high commissioner to India.
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- PCB announces reserve pool of players for PSL 202206:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan celebrities in shock over blast in Lahore’s Anarkali Bazaar05:40 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan Navy assumes command of multinational Combined Task Force-15005:18 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- 'Tu Jhoom' - Coke Studio's producer Xulfi refutes plagiarism claims03:44 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- TikTok stars Kanwal Aftab and Zulqarnain tie the knot in a beautiful ...03:23 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021