Mango Diplomacy: Prime Minister sends mangoes to Modi amid tense relations
Mango diplomacy came in handy the second time. Last year, the fruit, relished equally on both sides of the border, was seen as a peace offering. Mangoes were delivered soon after India called off foreign secretary talks.
Mangoes have been integral to the way Pakistan conducts diplomacy with India. On many occasions, prime minister's predecessors, too, have let the 'king of fruits' do the talking.
President of India Pranab Mukherjee and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, too, got a taste of Sharif’s mango diplomacy, as fruit boxes were also delivered at Rashtrapati Bhawan and 10 Janpath.
India did its bit too. National security adviser Ajit Doval sent an Eid hamper to Abdul Basit, Pakistan’s high commissioner to India.
- HSA, UNFPA mark Int'l day of Midwife 2022 and day to end Obstetric ...08:14 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army strongly condemns sentencing of Kashmiri leader Yasin ...08:01 PM | 25 May, 2022
- PTA clears the air on blocking internet services amid political ...07:36 PM | 25 May, 2022
- LHC imposes Rs100,000 fine on Punjab CM Hamza Shahbaz for no response ...07:06 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022