Taliban retains safe havens inside Afghanistan not outside, says Maleeha Lodhi
She stated this while taking part in a debate on Afghanistan at UN Security Council. The statement apparently followed news claiming that President Donald Trump’s administration is considering a stricter policy for Pakistan to launch a crackdown against home-based militants carrying out attacks in neighbouring Afghanistan.
Trump administration considering strict policy ... 01:01 PM | 20 Jun, 2017
WASHINGTON - President Donald Trump’s administration is considering to stricken its policy for Pakistan to launch ...
Referring to America's recent plans to send more troops to Afghanistan, Pakistan's Permanent Representative to UN Maleeha Lodhi said that reliance on military option without developing a political strategy will not bring sustainable results in the war-torn country.
Maleeha Lodhi highlighted that Pakistan and the entire world are supporting a negotiated peace in Afghanistan.
She said that Pakistan was still hosting over two million Afghan refugees, adding that Afghan government in return should offer gratitude not hostility.
She stressed for joint efforts to bring the terrorism, which affected both Pakistan and Afghanistan, to an end.
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021