#CrikcetComesHome: Pakistan win historic T20 match against Zimbabwe
Pakistan successfully chased the 173 runs target in the final over of inning without facing any considerable hindrance.
The opening batsmen Mukhtar Ahmad and Ahmad Shahzad built the highest opening 142 run partnership for Pakistan when the later was dismissed at 55 runs. Mukhtar was caught out at 83 runs off 45 balls only. Muhamad Hafeez and Shoaib Malik contributed 12 and 7 runs respectively.
Zimbabwe's Cremer picked two wickets whereas Williams, Panyangara and Vitori each got one wicket.
Earlier Zimbabwe set built a total of 172 runs while batting first when Skipper Chigumbura remained the most prominent batsman to score 54 runs off 35 balls. Opener Masakadza contributed 43 runs while Raza, Williams, Coventry and Sibanda scored 17, 16, 14 and 13 runs respectively.
Pakistan bowler Muhammad Sami dismissed three batsmen whereas Wahab Riaz each picked two wickets. Shoaib Malik got one wicket.
Zimbabwe skipper E Chigumbura decided to bat first after winning the toss at Gaddafi Stadium that was hosting its first ever T20 match.
Zimbabwe is the first test playing cricket nation to Pakistan since Sri Lanka cricket team was attacked by a group of assailants in 2009.
Pakistan will host another T20 match and three ODI matches against Zimbabwe as part of the same tour.
- Sharjah builds on its FDI appeal in 2020; attracts $220 million in ...04:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Has State Bank of Pakistan restricted ATM withdrawal limit to Rs1,000?03:21 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik finally reveal the name of their baby girl01:50 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021