Former Afghan warlord among three killed in Afghanistan hotel blast
Khalil Aseir, spokesman for the chief of police in the northern Takhar province, was quoted by 1TVNews as saying that the blast early Sunday targeted Nazuk Mir, a militant commander during the struggle to drive out Soviet troops in the 1980s.
The bomb went off at a hotel in Qinar Bazaar of Ishkamish district where he was having breakfast.
No one immediately claimed the attack.
A wave of attacks, mainly targeting Afghan security forces, has killed more than 200 people over the past week.
On Saturday, a suicide bomber struck a bus carrying army trainees in Kabul, killing 15.
- Pakistan not considering recognition of Israel, says FO09:46 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- COVID restrictions — Sindh extends business timing after pressure ...08:43 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- When will Shehbaz Sharif, son Hamza be released on parole?07:45 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- No ban on visas for Pakistani workers, clarifies UAE07:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat gets surprised by some secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020