No plan to impose governor rule in Sindh, says Imran Ismail
KARACHI - Governor Sindh Imran Ismail Thursday said that there was no plan to impose Governor Rule in Sindh province as such decision would be unjustified and discriminatory for any province.
He said the matters related to arrest of Capt Safdar came under the domain and jurisdiction of Sindh government and the provincial police.
In a talk show programme of a private news channel, the governor said that there was no involvement of the Federal government in the incident and even federal minister Ali Zaidi had clarified that he had never made any telephonic call to the Sindh Chief Minister, nor any federal minister had threatened the Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah in that regard.
The chief minister should not hesitate from disclosing the name of the person who threatened him, he added.
Imran Ismail said that he had shared the reports of the incident with the Prime Minister, who said that the issue was unnecessarily highlighted.
The governor said that he could not believe the reports of IG's kidnapping and added, such attempt could not be justified or supported if the report was true.
- Pakistan among top 10 worst-affected countries on Global Terrorism ...12:05 AM | 5 Dec, 2020
- China becomes world's second nation to plant flag on Moon11:37 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Rahim Pardesi introduces both his wives to the world for the first ...10:46 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- ‘Kiss of death’: COVID-19 positive officer takes revenge on KMC ...10:17 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- realme and Daraz gear up for another Sale Daraz 12 1209:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Court trashes Mubashir Lucman’s petition against TikTok stars ...12:11 PM | 4 Dec, 2020
- Who's this girl Shahveer Jafry 'getting engaged to'?11:55 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Aseefa Bhutto's 'great debut' reminds Pakistan of Benazir08:46 PM | 3 Dec, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020