Pakistan approaches Twitter against spread of untrue stories
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has approached Twitter administration to immediately sensitize its moderation teams and ensure that the platform is not used as a propaganda tool for spreading fake information.
In the wake of current smear campaign of spreading false and baseless information targeting Pakistan, its cities and institutions, PTA has stressed upon Twitter to effectively block handles involved in the campaign.
To the disappointment of the Regulator, number of accounts involved in propagation of untrue stories, are Twitter verified. However, they are still operating with immunity.
PTA has asked the platform to take immediate action against such accounts as per its guidelines & policies.
- AirSial's first Airbus reaches Karachi airport (VIDEO)06:20 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- ‘Loneliest elephant' Kaavan leave Pakistan for Cambodia today05:42 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Gilgit Baltistan Assembly to elect leader of the House on Monday05:10 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Pakistan reports 43 new deaths, 2829 fresh cases of COVID-1904:49 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Covid-19 in Pakistan: These five cities contributing 70% of total ...04:18 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020