Appellate tribunal dismisses petition against Imran's NA-243 candidature
The appeal was filed on June 12 by a member of Justice and Democratic Party Abdul Wahab Baloch against Imran’s nomination papers filed from the constituency with a Returning Officer over the Sita White scandal.
The RO had rejected the petition, following which Baloch had then filed an appeal with the appellate tribunal.
The PTI chairman has submitted nominations from National Assembly constituencies in Karachi (NA-243), Islamabad (NA-53), Lahore (NA-131), Bannu (NA-26), and Mianwali (NA-95).
Notice issued to NA-95's RO
An election tribunal of the Lahore High Court has issued a notice to the RO and other parties after nomination papers of PTI Chief were rejected from Mianwali constituency.
Justice Faisal Zaman Khan heard PTI Chief’s appeal against the RO decision to reject his candidature.
Imran Khan’s lawyer Babar Awan contended that the returning officer had not considered the facts.
He asserted that the RO had rejected Imran's nomination papers by stating the candidate had not submitted an affidavit before the deadline.
Candidature could not be rejected on a technical basis, argued Babar and requested the tribunal to overrule the returning officer's decision.
The hearing was then adjourned till June 25.
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Petroleum prices to remain unchanged as PM Imran rejects OGRA's ...09:38 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartfelt note about ‘soulmate’06:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021