Strike on Mansour violation of sovereignty, Pakistan tells US ambassador
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) – Pakistan on Monday summoned the US ambassador to the Foreign Office to register a strong protest against the drone strike in Balochistan that killed Taliban leader Mullah Akhtar Mansour.
In the meeting, Tariq Fatemi pointed out that the strike was a clear violation of Pakistan’s sovereignty and a breach of the United Nation’s Charter that guarantees the inviolability of the territorial integrity of member states.
He also emphasized that such actions could adversely impact the ongoing efforts by the Quadrilateral Coordination Group for facilitating peace talks between the Afghan Government and the Taliban.
On the other hand, Punjab Assembly has unanimously approved a resolution against drone attacks. The resolution was moved by the opposition leader Mian Mehmood-ur-Rashid.
Earlier, on 21 May, Afghan Taliban chief Mullah Akhtar Mansoor was killed along with another person, when US drones targeted his vehicle in Balochistan, near the Pak-Afghan border.
- NBP closes one of four Bangladesh branches11:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shaheen Afridi pays his respect to Lala for wishing him success10:07 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Master Paints Jinnah Gold Cup 2021: Diamond Paints clinch title09:20 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Sri Lanka receives first COVID-19 vaccines shipment from COVAX08:28 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Shahid Afridi confirms Shaheen's family asked for daughter's hand in ...05:46 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021