SCO Peace Mission 2018: Pakistan, India conduct first joint anti-terror exercise in Russia
The exercise is aimed at enhancing cooperation between member states to deal with the growing threat of terrorism and extremism.
The Pakistan contingent comprises 110 members, while the strength of the Chinese contingent is of 748 personnel.
The 200-member strong Indian contingent has 167 Indian Army personnel including four women officers and 33 personnel from the Indian Air Force.
The opening ceremony of the peace mission exercise was conducted at the Combined Arms Range at Chebarkul. It started with a speech by Central Military District Commander Col Gen Alexander Lapin, the Exercise Chief, who exhorted the participating troops to execute all tasks allotted to them in a professional manner.
The meet was declared open with the hoisting of national flags of all member nations, accompanied by respective national anthems. Contingent commanders also addressed the gathering followed by an impressive march past.
The SCO Peace Mission Exercise takes place every two years.
In previous editions, only Central Asian nations participated.
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Magnitude 5.9 earthquake shakes southern Iran, injuring five07:42 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Complex Pasts: Diverse Futures – It's World Heritage Day!06:49 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021