RIBAT 2018: PAF joins Pakistan Navy for operational exercise in Arabian Sea
The RIBAT series of exercises are focused on validating PN war-fighting concepts under evolving multi-faceted threats ranging from conventional to sub-conventional warfare. The exercise would also encompass joint operations of PN with PAF at extended ranges into the Arabian Sea.
Vice Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Kaleem Shaukat graced the occasion as the chief guest, the Navy said in a statement.
In his address, the Vice Chief of Naval Staff emphasised on the combat readiness of Pakistan Navy and that joint operational exercises are the essence of modern warfare which affords real-time training to undertake defence of the motherland against any aggression.
He urged all the participants not to be deterred by the numerical superiority or greater wherewithal of the enemy “as Islamic history is full of incidences of smaller Muslim forces defeating larger enemies through their superior strategy, faith in ALLAH (SWT) and own just cause”.
The naval chief expressed hope that the exercise will prove to be professionally rewarding for both the combat and support elements of PN and PAF.
Besides operational units of Fleet Command, units from Coastal and Logistics Commands are also taking part in the exercise. Special emphasis will be laid in the exercise to enhance interoperability between naval and air assets and validation of war plans.
- 285 stranded Pakistanis return home in two special flights04:42 PM | 25 May, 2020
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020