PAF to thwart any misadventure by enemy: Air Chief Mujahid Anwar
"We are a peace-loving nation but if the war is imposed on us, we would defend the aerial frontiers of our motherland at any cost. PAF alongside other defense forces are ever ready to take on all kinds of challenges with operational preparedness and immaculate synergy," he said while interacting with the combat crew during his visit to the forward operating air bases, according to a press release issued by the PAF's Directorate of Media Affairs.
The Air Chief showed satisfaction over the operational preparedness of bases and also lauded the high morale of the combat crew.
The air chief's statement comes amidst heightened tensions between India and Pakistan following an attack on Indian security forces in occupied Kashmir's Pulwama district.
At least 40 Indian paramilitary soldiers were killed in Pulwama on February 14 when a suicide bomber drove an explosive-laden car into their convoy.
According to media reports, Jaish-e-Muhammad claimed responsibility for the attack but New Delhi immediately blamed Islamabad and threatened a retaliatory attack.
India also scrapped the Most Favoured Nation status granted to Pakistan and imposed a 200 per cent customs duty on its goods.
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- PM Imran and Pakistani delegation pay respects at Masjid-e-Nabwi12:00 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Share Your #HappyEid and #RamadanSpirit on TikTok with OPPO11:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Pakistan condemns deadly blasts targeting Kabul school10:02 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021