Mir Ghazanfar Ali Khan takes oath as Governor Gilgit-Baltistan
The oath taking ceremony was administered by Dr Rana Shamim, the Chief Judge of the Supreme Appellate Court of Gilgit-Baltistan.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Chief Minister Gilgit Baltistan Hafiz Hafeezur Rehman, federal ministers and top PML-N leadership was also present in the oath taking ceremomny.
Mir Ghazanfar Ali Khan has replaced Barjees Tahir in the office, who took over in February earlier this year.
Mir is the eldest son of last ruler of independent Hunza valley, Mir Muhammad Jamal Khan. He also contested the elections several times from his hometown of Karimabab, Hunza and served as a member of the Gilgit-Baltistan Assembly.
- Britain puts army on standby as fuel supply crisis deepens amid panic ...11:37 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Security forces kill 10 terrorists including four commanders in ...10:49 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Taliban warn US, others against ‘encroaching on Afghan airspace’10:26 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Imran’s cabinet announces major decision about moon sighting ...09:48 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Young doctor shot dead by robbers upon resistance in Lahore’s ...09:05 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- American superstar R. Kelly found guilty in sex trafficking trial04:59 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Famous YouTubers Shomaila and Hassam part ways04:09 PM | 28 Sep, 2021
- Watch - Ali Zafar shares BTS fun video from ‘Larsha Pekhawar’ ...03:00 PM | 28 Sep, 2021